Monday, March 14, 2016

LAUNDRY LOAD OF BIRTHDAY WISHES


Well . . . I won't say that I worked on this card all day because that would be a lie since I went to sleep at some point.  I jest, of course.  Who could sleep with a fun stamp set like this in the house?  I really did spend a lot of time on this card, but that was mainly because it's a new stamp set that I've never inked until yesterday, and you know how that is . . . you've just got to see what all you can do with it and what will go where and how many colors do you really want on one card.  My first card would have made a rainbow gag! 
My apologies for the quality of the photo.  I took soooooooooo many photos and, quite frankly, just had to pick one and run with it.  I thought I had my photo shoot tent and lighting in working order, but then my son came in and stole the nice LED bulbs to put in his bathroom.  [eyes rolling]  Back to the card . . . I made this for a friend who is turning the big 5-0 today, and she will probably think that I've lost my mind for making a laundry card.  Nothing about her screams "laundry maid", so I'll just have to explain that this card is more about who I am . . . a stamper who always needs to ink the newest stamps in the house.  If you're thinking that I did a nice job of cutting all of those stamped images, thank you.  Fortunately, this stamp set ("Loads of Fun" by Lawn Fawn) has a coordinating set of dies that did all of that work for me.  To color the images, I used a combination of markers and watercolor crayons, and I hope you can see in the close-up photo that I used the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush on parts of some of the images.  I love those glitter brushes!  All in all, I had a great time working on this card and hope that it is well-received.
 

No comments: