Friday, May 13, 2016

CREATING PRETTY CARDS - SKETCH CHALLENGE #59

I always look forward to Craft Project Central's monthly Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge, and this month's sketch, designed by Monika Davis, is such a pretty one.  You can find Monika's FREE tutorial HERE for Sketch Challenge #59:


And this is the card that I created for the challenge:


My card features the following Stampin' Up! products:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Vellum, Peekaboo Peach, Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Basic Black Archival, Peekaboo Peach, Always Artichoke
Stamp Set:  You've Got This
Sizzix:  Fluttering embossing folder
Punches:  Bitty Butterfly, Elegant Butterfly, Tree Builder
Accessories:  Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Iced Rhinestones, Gold Metallic Thread, Mini Glue Dots, Aqua Painter, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush

Admittedly, I haven't been as fond of the metallic thread as I thought I would be, but what worked for me while making this card was to put adhesive on the Vellum cardstock and then lay the thread onto the adhesive as I created a crazy design with it.  This worked beautifully, and then the cut flower was placed on top.  I think that I will be using the metallic thread more often now!  The flower . . . it was stamped on watercolor paper, and I used an Aqua Painter to color the image with Peekaboo Peach and Always Artichoke ink.  After the image was dry, I brushed it with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.  Oh, how I love the Wink of Stella!

Did you know that you can participate in the Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #59?  Yes, indeed, you can!  All that you need to do is follow the tutorial to create a card, and then upload your card HERE.  At the end of the month if there are at least 10 cards submitted for the challenge, a winner will be selected to receive a FREE one-month subscription to Craft Project Central.  I hope that you are now inspired to play along!



2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Regina. Love the touch of vellum, the yellow color... that flower is so pretty as the focal point. Thanks for using the sketch. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and I love the vellum layer.