Friday, January 19, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!!

Yesterday was my sweet stampin' friend's birthday, which means that I can now share the card that I made for her.  


Making a card for Laura isn't an easy task.  She's a very talented stamper and is always coming up with or finding fun folds/designs, and I was feeling a wee bit stressed over what to make for her.  For this card, I cut off the top half of the front and added an embossed strip of white cardstock to the interior (so it would be present behind the front focal point).  The stamped images are from Stampin' Up!'s Perennial Birthday stamp set, and I think they are so fun to color!  I almost didn't purchase this stamp set because it seems so similar to another set that I have, but I have no regrets.  I love that the large flower with leaves can be used alone as a focal point or combined with other images as I did for Laura's card.  The images are also a wonderful size for decorating a coordinating envelope!  Finishing touches to this card were the purple sequins.  

Laura, I hope your birthday was filled with much happiness . . . enough to last until this time next year!

3 comments:

Laura Lipe said...

I LOVE my card, Regina! Thank you so much. I want yo make one with this layout myself!

Penny L. said...

what a gorgeous card! lovely!

Unknown said...

So pretty birthday card. I am thinking to make something like this for my daughter’s first birthday party invitations. I liked the color of this card. The party will be held at some local Los Angeles venues and I think creating DIY party stationary would be best to make it look more customizable.