Saturday, August 11, 2018

"AT HOME WITH YOU" FUN FOLD BIRTHDAY CARD

My mother requested a birthday card for one of her quilting friends recently and, since the friend recently moved into a new house, it would be nice if the card gave a little nod to that.  My mind immediately went to Stampin' Up!'s At Home with You stamp set!  I haven't actually used that set a lot and enjoyed figuring out some fun folds and details for the card.  It had to have a door that would open, don't you think?

But first . . . HUGE apologies for the poor quality of the photos!  Trust me when I say that the card looked so much nicer in person!

There were four slim panels making up this project.  The first panel, making up the front of the card, featured a porch and front door scene.


One fold away was the side of the house, which featured a window with birthday balloons flying by.  Notice the paper clip?  It didn't go with the card--I just placed it there so you could see the last panel that folds over to cover the handwritten message.


But when you remove the paper clip, there's a pretty paper ready for the handwritten greeting, followed by the final panel that is covered with another paper that just happened to go with the theme.


When I started working on this card, I had no real plan for the details.  Honestly, it got a bit busier and more detailed as I moved along but, in the end, it was a card that I could be proud to put my "stamp" on.

ETA:  The 5-1/2" x 12" cardstock was scored at 3", 6", and 9" to create the four panels.

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Awesome card! Beautifully created and thoughtful.

Stasher said...

That is really a cute card! What were the overall dimensions?

Nancy Dawson said...

Love it. May have to be CASE'd! Thank you Regina for sharing your multi-talents!