Saturday, October 5, 2019

ANOTHER POP-UP FRONT STEP PANEL CARD


This was the first horizontal version of the Pop-Up Front Step Panel card that I made, and I had no idea where to begin.  As with the cards that I shared in my previous post, I opted to keep stamping to a minimum since I couldn't envision (during the design trial process) where the stamping needed to be or where it would be covered.  Using designer paper to cover the panels/layers was a wonderful idea!  This Mosaic Mood Specialty paper has such pretty colors and also adds texture with its shiny transparent accents that feel embossed.


I've had some requests for instructions and, after cleaning off my desk, I uncovered several notes--some of which had been altered, most likely as mistakes were discovered.  I haven't made more of these cards, so I'm not 100% sure what the dimensions are for the smaller pop-up layer.  I found an unused card base, though, and it is 5-1/2" x 8", scored at 1/2", 1-3/4", 3", and 4-1/4".


Something that I really like to add to a card with a simple design is torn vellum.  I just love that look, don't you?  It's also a great way to use vellum scraps because you can cut the cardstock layer to fit the size of the vellum scrap--it just needs to be wide enough to wrap around the cardstock and, of course, you must have just enough on top and bottom to allow for tearing.  Embossing on the vellum?  Well . . . that's just the perfect touch!


1 comment:

Stasher said...

I really like the style of card and DSP used with it. Very pretty yet uncomplicated.