Wednesday, July 8, 2020

A LITTLE CHRISTMAS IN JULY


My preorder from Stampin' Up!'s August - December 2020 Mini Catalog arrived on Monday, and I had every intention of playing on Tuesday.  While I got the stamp sets, dies, and embossing folders labeled and prepped on Tuesday, I didn't play until tonight.  I actually didn't plan to complete a card--I just wanted to see what the gorgeous Poinsettia dies could do.  Oh. My. Goodness!  I realize that it's hard to tell, but can you see a little of the embossing on the petals and leaves?  I love that the embossing happens at the same time the layers get cut, but you don't have to use the embossing dies if you don't want to.  


There are so many wonderful products in the upcoming mini catalog, and I really tried to talk myself out of purchasing the Poinsettia Petals bundle.  I'm so glad I bought it and even though I have only made this one card, I know that these products will work overtime on my Christmas cards this year.  Other new products featured on my card include Wrapped in Christmas stamp set (fantastic holiday sentiments!!!) and Heartwarming Hugs DSP.  My cardstock colors are Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, and (retired) red glimmer paper, and that lovely sentiment is heat-embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.

What do you think?  You're falling in love with the poinsettia, aren't you?

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I saw your beautiful card on Pinterest and had to tell you how much I like it. I too love these poinsettia dies and how they emboss while cutting. Thanks for sharing this beauty.