Tuesday, November 10, 2020

FA LA LA . . . SIMPLE CHRISTMAS CARD

 


Have you started working on Christmas cards?  

I started earlier this year than I have in a long time (maybe ever), and it feels so good to have a selection of cards ready to mail.  Still, I enjoy making Christmas cards, so I continue to make them from time to time.  

The card that I'm sharing today has one of my favorite holiday color combos  . . . Coastal Cabana, Real Red, and Whisper White, complete with sparkle and bling.  Normally, I use Pool Party instead of Coastal Cabana, but either color keeps the card clean and makes the red pop.

Although I have new stamps and dies that I have barely used (or not used at all), this card features Into the Woods dies from last year, and "falala" is from the retired Seasonal Frame thinlits.  I used the Winter Snow embossing folder on the Whisper White cardstock, and I wish it showed up better in the photo.  The silver trim and sequins are also from the past, but I can't stop using either of them.  I absolutely LOVE the silver trim and am so glad that I bought several spools of it, although my supply is dwindling.  I think the way it curls adds so much to a project, and it's just festive.

Now that I'm ahead with my card-making, I really should start addressing and decorating envelopes.  It will be wonderful when that gets done!


No comments: