Friday, November 13, 2020

JOSEPH'S COAT TECHNIQUE . . . FALL THANK YOU CARDS

 


Many years ago, I declared that the Joseph's Coat technique was dead (to me) and that I would never, ever try it again.  Oh, the number of failed or inconsistent attempts that ended in aggravation!  I still don't know why I was unsuccessful all of those times, but a birthday card that I received recently from my sweet friend, Laura, prompted me to try Joseph's Coat one more time.  Following is a photo of Laura's card:


Isn't it gorgeous???  

Now, Joseph's Coat of yesteryear always finished with a layer of black ink, and I LOVED that Laura had used Shaded Spruce instead!  I also loved the prism foil paper that she used for accents on the card, and I'm surprised that I managed to capture some of that beautiful essence in the photo.


So this is what I did on my cards.  I sponged Pear Pizzazz, Just Jade, Garden Green, and Soft Sea Foam ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  The leaf images from Forever Fern stamp set were stamped onto the cardstock with VersaMark ink and then heat-embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, which allowed the sponged colors to show through but also resist the Shaded Spruce ink that I sponged all over the cardstock.  It wasn't totally necessary, but I used a tissue to wipe any wet ink from the embossed images.  To restore the shine of the embossed images, I heated them again with the heat tool.  Lastly, I cut down the cardstock and adhered it to the embossed Soft Sea Foam cardstock, which was adhered to the Shaded Spruce card.  Die-cut pieces from a couple of Forever Flourishes dies were adhered around the sentiment, which consisted of beautiful cuts from the Tasteful Labels dies and sentiment from Butterfly Gala stamp set.


The foil cardstock that I used on my cards was the green from the retired Noble Peacock collection, and the sequins were actually a perfect match, although they don't look like it in the photos.


Many thanks to Laura for inspiring me to try Joseph's Coat one more time.  I loved her card so much and was pleased with my success while making these four special thank you cards.


No comments: