Tuesday, December 15, 2020

WHEN I AM WEAK, HE IS STRONG . . . CURTAIN-FOLD CARD

 


A sweet lady that I worked with for a short while has had a difficult situation to face and deal with, and I wanted to send a card to let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm pretty sure that purple is her favorite color, and I thought the Perennial Essence designer paper (retired, Stampin' Up!) that I chose was perfect.  


I believe the fun fold featured on the front is referred to as a "curtain fold"--that's what I call it--and it's a really fun way to dress up the front of a card without adding bulk.  This fold is especially fun when you have a hard time deciding which side of the designer paper to use.  I don't remember the exact measurement of my DSP, but I think it was 4" x 11.5".  I know the 11.5" measurement is correct.  The one and only cut to the paper is a diagonal cut that's approximately 1" or 1.25" from the edge.  The photo below should make sense.  The diagonal line is the cut line.


After cutting the paper, score it at the following measurements:  1", 2.5", 3.25", 4.75", 5.75", 7.25", 8", 9.5", and 10.25".  Accordion-fold the scored lines, and then use a little bit of adhesive to secure each fold.  So easy, huh?


The sentiment, from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Be Encouraged set, was inked with VersaMark, stamped onto a scrap piece of Vellum cardstock, and heat-embossed with black embossing powder.  Liquid adhesive was very carefully (strategically) placed on the back of the Vellum so it would stick to the designer paper without showing.  I enjoyed making this card, and it demonstrates how easy it is let designer paper take center stage.  


No comments: