Monday, January 24, 2022

A LITTLE VEGGIE COUTURE


Quite a few years ago, I wasn't able to resist purchasing four veggie stamps that were designed by the Lockhart Stamp Company.  Three of those images are featured on this card.  Aren't they clever?  You can understand why I thought I had to have them, right?  I don't remember how many different designs Lockhart had, but I seem to recall that some of them featured flowers.  While rummaging through a basket of stamps the other night, I came across a little box with the veggie dresses and decided to do something with them.


The stamped images were colored with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers and, yes, some of the color landed outside the lines . . . these images are quite small.  The colored images were cut with a Postage Stamp punch and then adhered to a Basic Black mat.  I thought they looked nice against the wooden background, which is from Stampin' Up!'s "In Good Taste" designer paper collection.  The finishing touches that added a feminine flair were the doily, corrugated heart, twine bow, ladybug trinket, and the foliage trinket.  I forgot to add a sentiment, but that just means this card is ready for anything.


Up close detail of the doily, corrugated heart, foliage trinket, and twine bow.


Up close detail of the ladybug trinket and the "Broccoli and Bok Choy" dress.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Really cute card! Love the little details!

Nancy Dawson said...

Too cute. Love that stamp set