Wednesday, January 19, 2022

"WELCOME BABY" CARD


Babies are exciting news, right?  I needed a special card to accompany a gift for an expectant mother, and this is what I created.  Since a baby girl is expected, I made sure the card had plenty of pink, bling, and sparkle.


I really didn't have a card design in mind when I sat down to make this one, so I started by choosing the cardstock and specialty papers.  The small die-cut heart features Stampin' Up!'s "Be Dazzling" paper, which I believe was a Sale-a-Bration product last year, and it has a truly dazzling sparkle about it!  One of my favorite things about this card is that all of the design elements are clustered neatly below center, and yet none of them are lost or hidden.  Is it just me or does that embossed background remind you of a luxurious Chanel handbag?  


Of course, the envelope needed a little decorating, and I reached for Stampin' Up!'s retired "Something for Baby" stamp set and coordinating "Baby Firsts" dies.  I'm so glad that I have kept this bundle for several years because it has come in handy quite a few times.  That little die-cut onesie looks precious on the metallic white envelope, doesn't it?   

So that's it for today . . . a little something for a precious little someone!

No comments: