Monday, May 16, 2022

BLANK NOTE CARDS FOR MOTHER

 


My mother casually mentioned recently that she could use some cards without sentiments, and that seemed like a great Mother's Day gift . . . and a fun card-making session for me.  I think I ended up making about 12 cards and will be sharing photos of them in the next few blog posts.  The cards that I'm sharing today feature an adorable birdhouse from Stampin' Up!'s "Garden Birdhouses" stamp set and a watercolored wreath from Art Impressions' "Greenery Invites" stamp set.  For a couple of years, I have enjoyed (and been "collecting") Art Impressions stamps designed for watercoloring, but making the cards that I'm sharing today was the first time that I have worked with images from "Greenery Invites".  Oh. My. Word!!!!  What took me so long?!?!  I cannot even find the words to describe how much I enjoyed coloring the stamped wreaths!  


Those little die-cut birds?  They're from Poppy Stamps (Whittle Birds), and I cut them from Stampin' Up!'s "Blue Foils" which were part of the "Waves of the Ocean" collection.  This may have also been the first time that I have used the Whittle Birds dies, and they seemed so perfect along with the birdhouse.


Above is another sample that's very similar to the first card.  Anyone who has visited my blog for years will know how much I 💗 gingham.  It never disappoints when my project needs just a little something--but not too much.  


On each of my wreaths, I added random splashes of glimmer with a Wink of Stella brush.  On the next card, which was actually the first wreath image that I watercolored, it's obvious that I stayed "safe" by not getting colors too dark.


I really liked the assorted colors on the leaves.  Gold foil seemed like a good choice for the die-cut birds on this card.


I was really pleased with these three cards and look forward to watercoloring the "Greenery Invites" wreaths again soon!


1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

These cards are fantastic as usual. You make me want to go back to SU with such great designs you make.