Monday, May 9, 2022

MOTHER'S DAY CARDS

 


Is it just me, or did it seem like Mother's Day came early this year?  It was beginning to look like I might not have time to get cards made and mailed--but I did.  Better still . . . they were all received before the big day!  


I only made two designs this year, and this first one features "In Good Taste" designer paper and the "Flowers of Friendship" stamp set and coordinating punch.  I don't know why I waited so long to get this bundle, but I love it!  The design was quite simple but not boring.


My second design took more time.  Since I wanted to foil the background, the process began by spreading transfer gel on top of a stencil that was placed on the white cardstock.  The gel needed time to dry, and I gave it just under 24 hours.  Once dry, I placed a piece of Opal foil (by iCraft) on top and ran the cardstock through a laminator.  It doesn't look all that impressive in the above photo, but check out the color/detail in the photos below:


You can see how the transfer gel left a raised design from the stencil.  In the photo below, you can better see the gorgeous opal color:


The tulip on this card is from the oldie-but-goodie (retired in 2006) "Terrific Tulips" stamp set from Stampin' Up! It's 25 years old to the company--18 years old to me.  I earned it as a free hostess reward in February 2004--one month before I became a demonstrator.  

On some of my tulip cards, I embellished with Brushed Brass Butterflies, and others were embellished with (retired) Gingham Gala Sequins that had the same "opalescent" coloring as the stenciled background.  

Hopefully, I'll get an earlier start on my Mother's Day cards next year so it won't be so stressful!  😉

1 comment:

Debbie said...

These are really pretty cards!