Wednesday, July 20, 2022

"SAILING HOME" NAUTICAL EASEL CARD

 

You know how sometimes you see something that inspires you, and it just doesn't need any changes?  That happened to me when I needed to make a thank you card but was a little short on time . . . and not feeling very creative.  I knew that I wanted to make something nautical, and a photo of a gorgeous card shared by Marja van Renswoude's was just the inspiration that I needed.

It's a pretty awesome design, huh?  I knew that aunt Betty would love this card--and it was one that I was proud to put in the mail to her.  Circle dies were used to create the card and layers, and I used images from Stampin' Up!'s "Sailing Home" (retired) stamp set to decorate the card.


And what do we always want from a card like this?  We want it to fold flat for mailing--and this one did!

It's impossible to tell from the photos, but I used a Wink of Stella glitter brush to add a little glimmer to the water.

That's all for today!  Thanks for visiting . . . have a stampin' good day!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Regina, that is the most darling card! The layering and details really add so much depth to the card.

Nancy Dawson said...

Amazing and gorgeous as usual. Tempting me to start 'card'ing again.