Wednesday, December 14, 2022

BRINGING HOME THE CHRISTMAS TREE

 

While working on Christmas cards a few weeks ago, I remembered that I had a Cricut cut file for one of my most favorite cards.  As I went to Cricut Design Space to find the cut file, I came across the cutest wood-sided "Station Wagon Holiday Card" that I just had to make.  I changed nothing about it because it was just perfectly adorable already.  I am such a sucker for shaped cards (try saying that fast just for fun)!

Of course, the card was designed to fold flat for mailing, and the cut file even included an envelope!  If you often make Cricut projects, you already know that a lot of them call for lots of different colored cardstock or have lots of little cuts to be assembled, which means it's easy to make a bit of a mess just to make one card.  This card wasn't like that.  I think I used six different colors of cardstock/paper, and the cuts were designed in a way that was EASY to assemble.  This truly was a quick card to make!  Cutting the "wood" siding took the most time because of all those intricate cuts, but still . . . a quick project. The designer even included some stacked gifts to decorate the inside of the card:


Pretty cute design, huh?  I'll bet that you, too, would have gotten side-tracked and had to make one (or a lot) of these cards.  In case you're wondering, I did eventually locate the cut file for the card that I set out to make, and I'll share photos of that one soon.


No comments: