Sunday, November 23, 2008

"VILLAGE CHRISTMAS" CRACKED GLASS

"Village Christmas" has always been my favorite Thomas Kinkade work of art, so I was thrilled to be able to purchase this stamp a year or so ago. There's a "sister" picture to this one, but I can't recall the name of it. It's the view from the other end of the street. Anyway, there's just something about the vintage feel of this picture that calls to me, and to see it in all its glory in a gallery is stunning! Chadrick was quite young when I used to drag him into the gallery at Carolina Place mall. As I tried to study all of the detail in the art, Chadrick's little hands would just twist the light button and have the best time making the lights brighter, dimmer, brighter, dimmer. If you've never visited a Thomas Kinkade gallery, you really should put it on your list of things to do. I don't recommend that you abuse the dimmer switches, though--the gallery personnel really don't like that. Anyway . . . as you can imagine, this image would be quite challenging to color, so I mostly enjoy it in its monochromatic glory. Today, I decided to try a cracked glass technique, but I didn't get as many "cracks" as I would have liked. If you click on the picture, a larger view will open so you can better see the technique. SU products used to create this card include the Big Shot and Top Note die, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon (retired, but still gorgeous), Glassy Glaze embossing powder, VersaMark ink, Chocolate Chip ink, and Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla card stock.

No comments: