Sunday, December 21, 2008

FROGS & FLIES & MY "PRE-HISTORIC" TALENT

Since we're all in the midst of the holiday rush, I thought I'd share a non-holiday card today. One of the first Stampin' Up! stamp sets that I fell in love with--and I mean that I REALLY loved--was "Frogs & Flies." This set had retired by the time I first heard of SU, but I saw some projects created with it and had to have it. And so began my quest to find it. In the five or so years that I've been a SU addict, this is one of the most expensive stamp sets that I've ever purchased since I was determined to snipe it from other ebayers who were trying to win it. Actually, it was my husband who had to do the sniping since I just couldn't take the stress--again. I had already lost a couple of auctions for this set and, since they don't come along every day, I had to confess to my husband that the sky was almost the limit and that we MUST win this auction! While digging in my stamp room (in the process of cleaning out and re-arranging things), I unearthed this card that I made a couple of years ago. Isn't this the cutest image with the most appropriate quote? If I were making this card today, I would definitely add more color to the stamped image and try to make the water look more like a pond than a wet mountain. LOL! BTW, the photo corners were created from a square of card stock that had been punched with one of the square punches and then cut in half. It's so much easier now to just use SU's Photo Corner punch! Sometimes I think it would be awesome if SU would release a catalog--if only for a short period of time--filled with some of the BEST stamp sets that have long been retired.

No comments: