Saturday, December 13, 2008

NEW CATALOG "SNEAK PEEK"

For this card, I used a brand new stamp set, "Just Buzzin' By." This set will be in SU's new (Spring/Summer) catalog. Do you remember when I showed you sometime ago (on my blog) how to use the leftover rubber from the die cut stamps as a window template for shading? Well, that's what I used to create the shading around the hive. Afterward, I sponged the edges of the card stock with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped the hive image twice--once on the Vanilla card stock and again on More Mustard card stock so I could cut out "Hive Sweet Hive" so it would stand out on the finished card. My plan was to tie the honey pot on (as a tag), but I decided to just use Stampin' Dimensionals, which worked perfectly! Notice how the honey drips look wet? I used Crystal Effects for that! I started to not order this set, but I'm glad I did because the images are really easy to use!! Also, as I was making this card--not knowing exactly where I was going with the design--this stamp set just seemed to have the perfect choice of images. You can't say that about every stamp set, but it's definitely true for this one!

No comments: