Thursday, October 28, 2010

SHIMMERY VINTAGE SHADOWBOX CARD

So, I got a little side-tracked last night while cleaning off my desk.  It all started when I uncovered the "Deck the Halls" designer paper that I had folded a couple of weeks ago after seeing Julie's "Feminine Fridays" project which featured an Origami shadowbox.  I had made a project a couple of years ago which featured this same fold with one additional step, and it was known as the blintz fold.  I think shadowbox is a fitting name for it and, whatever you decide to call it, it's such a fun way to showcase a small stamped image.  I didn't uncover any stamped images that had been pushed aside, but I knew I wanted a vintage-y card and chose the typewriter image in Stampin' Up!'s "Puns from the Past" stamp set.  I love the images in this set, and they are perfect fits for the Origami shadowbox!  BTW, the only thing that I did differently to the traditional shadowbox fold was curl the four pointed flaps that surround the opening.  The typewriter image was stamped and embossed on a piece of "Newsprint" designer paper, layered onto Always Artichoke card stock, edges sponged with Early Espresso ink, and I used my craft knife to cut a slit for the sentiment.  The next layer on my card is a piece of "Newsprint" designer paper that I sponged with Early Espresso ink, crumpled, inked again, and distressed.  This layer has an Early Espresso mat, which was also sponged and distressed.  The detail that is really hard to see in the picture is the shimmer on the designer paper which was created by spraying it with Silver Foil and Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  The finishing touch is a mini vintage tag which hangs freely and is secured to the top of the card with a Modern Label punched shape and glitter brad.  And when I finished this card at 3:20 a.m., I was pleased and ready to go catch a dream or two. 

2 comments:

Nancy S said...

Just absolutely stunning. I just love vintage cards and I will definitely be CASIng this one. Thanks in advance.

Julie said...

Gladly take the blame for distracting you on this one. I want to be you when I grow up :)