Saturday, November 27, 2010

"GREETING CARD KIDS" MDS PROJECT

Since Stampin' Up!'s "Online Spectacular" (sale) ends soon, I thought I would show you one of the most fun ways to use "My Digital Studio" (MDS) to create any project.  Through November 30th, MDS is 50% off!!!!!!  One of the items included in the Online Spectacular sale is the "Greeting Card Kids" stamp brush set and, if you've looked into the products available during the Online Spectacular, then you already know that this download for MDS is cheap, cheap, cheap!  I couldn't resist this stamp brush set (that's what stamp set images are called in MDS), and this card is a perfect example of how I used one of those cute images.  I printed it onto Crumb Cake card stock, used an Aqua Painter and Watercolor Pencils to color it, added Stickles to the tree, and I used Crystal Effects to add styrofoam "snow" to the "fur" areas of the little girl's coat and hat.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Scallop Edge punch, Glimmer Brad, flat-back pearls, Square Lattice embossing folder, Antique Brad, "Deck the Halls" designer paper, Photo Corner punch, Mat Pack and piercing tool, distressing tool, and "Four the Holidays" stamp set.  The die-cut mitten is from a set of Spellbinders' dies that I used the Big Shot to cut and emboss.  I know that it may seem that I have been pushing the My Digital Studio software, but those of you who know me will know that I'm not a pushy person, and I certainly don't promote a product that I don't personally like or will use.  This is the last time (at least for a little while) that I am going to strongly encourage you to take advantage of the 50% discounted price for My Digital Studio.  I know that some of you want the "total hands-on" experience and/or want dimension to your projects, but your MDS projects can have as much dimension as you care to give them.  Did you know that MDS comes with:  61 stamp brush sets, 11 embellishment KITS (273 pieces), 13 background paper packs (442 patterns), 25 punches, 6 designer KITS (497 pieces), 7 designer templates (5 album/15 greeting card), 30 photo templates (available in photo album sizes and card sizes), 2 calendar templates, all of the Stampin' Up! colors (including some past In Colors), and other downloadable MDS products.  Stampin' Up! has been very consistent with providing new downloads as they expand their product line(s), and it seems like there are always new choices!  If I've talked you into purchasing MDS, you can go to my WEB SITE, click "Shop Now" (in the top right corner), and place your order!  ;-)

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Really lovely card, love the idea of the "styrofoam" fur

Vicki Burdick said...

LOVE THIS, I love how you put all the elements together to make up this stunnig card!!!

Katherine said...

Love this card. Your use of the mitten for a background is absolutely gorgeous! I also love Blog Finds of the Day - without which I would probably not have laid eyes on it!

Julie said...

Your attention to detail really makes this card. And your right, at 50% MDS is certainly worth the purchase. I bought one!

Annie Lee said...

Gorgeous card! What a great way to use MDS stamp brush set!