Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"JUST BELIEVE" SYMPATHY CARDS

Today I started working on the design for a sympathy card, somewhat inspired by one that Sharon Field had created, and then I remembered that I actually needed two sympathy cards.  My original intention was to place the circle image (used on the smaller card) to the left and slightly behind the rectangular image (shown on the gatefold card), but I ended up using the two images as focal points on the two cards.  The gatefold card is for the family of my grandmother's dear friend, Elizabeth, who passed away last week.  I had not known Elizabeth very long, but she was such a sweet lady who seemed to look up to my grandmother as a mother, and I know that my grandmother cared very much for her.  Stampin' Up! products used to create these two cards include:  Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, and Pear Pizzazz card stock, Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folders, Modern Label, Word Window, assorted Oval, and Eyelet Border punches, satin ribbon, "Just Believe" and "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp sets, and a strip of "Springtime Vintage" designer paper.  To color the stamped floral image, I used Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, and Baja Breeze markers.

1 comment: