Thursday, February 23, 2012

"MOCHA MORNING" DECORATED EGG

A quick share today . . . this project began with a paper mache egg and a blank stare.  After much deliberation with myself as to how I wanted to decorate it, I finally decided to punch a bunch of flowers from Stampin' Up!'s Boho Blossoms punch to cover the egg.  I knew the flowers wouldn't be recognizable on the egg, but I liked the idea of having the variety of paper patterns and the texture that the seemingly-loose flower edges produced.  You'd think it would take forever to cover the egg this way, but it really didn't take that long.  My finishing touches were a stamped message ("Inspired by Nature" stamp set) and a bow created with three different ribbons.  Even though the egg has a flat bottom, I used the Lace Ribbon border punch to create a stand for it.  All products used are from Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

carolscards said...

OH, MY!!!! This is so beautiful, I can't even tell how you made this. Gorgeous. You never fail to wow me. Carol