Saturday, February 18, 2012

TURNING HEARTS INTO A FLOWER

Did you know that Stampin' Up!'s small heart punch, from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch collection, can be used to make a nice floral embellishment for a card or other project?  To create my flower, I punched eight hearts from "Twitterpated" designer paper and glued the tips of the hearts to a 1-3/4" circle (punched from designer paper).  Using Pink Pirouette card stock, I punched a scallop circle, used scissors to cut between each scallop to form "petals," and then adhered this shape to the center of the 1-3/4" circle.  Finishing touches to my flower were a designer button and a Baker's twine bow.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Baja Breeze textured card stock, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock, oval punches, sentiment from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set, and Eyelet Border punch.  I think this embellishment has just the right amount of dimension to be perfect for a card, of course, but it would also "pretty up" a gift bag, box, or anything else that needs a little something pretty.

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a cute idea, bookmarking for later, tfs!

Bandon, Oregon said...

Oh My Goodness!!! Beautiful Idea!!! Came over from Kim Score's blog... So GLAD I did.... I've got to try this, Thanks so much for explaining how to make it. You made my day.... Heartfelts... Faith

Carol Carriveau said...

Beautiful and very clever! TFS.