Friday, June 21, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her ever-so-cute balloons and clouds project last week, Julie Beaulieu issued a mission for me to create a balloon project this week--and it had to make me giggle at some point during the process of making it.  Hmmm . . . I was stumped!  I knew that I could access all kinds of balloons if I used my Cricut or Silhouette machines, but I would have had to clear a path to them and just wasn't ready to work that hard.  Wracking my brain, I faintly recalled buying a balloon punch at some point in my life, but where to find it?  When I finally found it, I giggled alright . . . it punched mini (seriously mini) balloons!  I got to thinking that those tiny balloons were sized perfectly for Stampin' Up!'s owl (punch), but the handsome owl didn't have a wing to hold the balloons, which I had already tied together and was bound and determined to use.  Creating his little wing (his left wing is behind his back in case you're wondering) made me giggle again because I do not have an artistic eye.  After a few tries, I finally settled on the one wing that you see on the card and, as I said, I declared that his left wing is behind his back, much the way a gentleman might stand at a door with a surprise in one hand and his giggles and overwhelming pride in his left hand behind his back.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Yippee-Skippee! stamp set, Gingham Garden washi tape, rhinestone jewels, Baker's twine, one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits, and the Blossom punch (which was used to shape the sentiment banner).  So, Julie, are you happy?  Are you thrilled that I giggled?  Are you pleased with yourself to have made me squirm?  I love you anyway and still look forward to accepting many more of your challenges.

3 comments:

Julie said...

How genius to add a wing. After all that owl needs to be able to hold on to something. A+ on this mission.

Nancy Dawson said...

We've missed you Regina! I hope your life settles down and you can continue to create. Love the card; the owl is a timely classic.

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! I love how you have created this card and the fact that you created a wing for the owl is wonderful. Keep up the great work. I am looking forward to your next creation.