Saturday, June 1, 2013

STAMP-EMBOSSED CLAY MEDALLION

For the past couple of days, I have been experimenting with Stampin' Up!'s Simply Pressed Clay and the button and flower molds that are now available for purchase.  It occurred to me today to try using a stamp to emboss a design into the clay, and I think it turned out really nice!  To begin, I colored the clay with Pistachio Pudding ink, spread it out, and then pressed one of the Mosaic Madness stamps into the clay.  I set it aside to dry and then used scissors to trim the shape.  I suppose I could have found a more creative way to use the clay medallion, but time was of the essence, particularly since I was supposed to be cleaning my stamp room.  My finished card features Pistachio Pudding card stock and Modern Medley designer paper (both of which were cut with a Sizzix Square Flip-Its die), black satin ribbon, rhinestone jewel, one of the Finishing Touches Edgelits dies, a sentiment from the Really Good Greetings stamp set, and the border along the right edge of the card was stamped in Pistachio Pudding ink using the same image from the Mosaic Madness stamp set that was used to stamp into the clay.

No comments: