Monday, January 27, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Yesterday I needed to make a birthday card to send to a special cousin and, since I've been playing with the Silhouette lately, I decided to try this detailed house-shaped card which was designed by Samantha Walker.  I only made a couple of subtle changes to the original design, the first of which was the placement of flowers and the grass detail at the bottom of the card.  My card stock got pretty butchered when cutting the grass and flower stems, so I used Stampin' Up!'s Fringe Scissors to create my own grass.  The second change that I made to the design was to cut an extra house and chimney shape to adhere behind the front of the card.  I wanted the front door to be open, but I didn't think the card would look nice if my stamping and written message were visible.  I used silver Diamond Dots for the bird's eye and in the center of the flowers, and I used one of Stampin' Up!'s Candy Dots for the door knob.  I had a lot of fun with this card, and I love that it's so colorful and fits in a standard A2 envelope.  I think my cousin will like it!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

You just get better & better! What a great card!