Saturday, April 5, 2014

CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL'S "CREATING PRETTY CARDS - SKETCH CHALLENGE #34"

If you visit my blog often, then you know that Craft Project Central has a new sketch each month and YOU are invited (encouraged, really) to accept the challenge to create and share a card.  For every 10 cards that are shared HERE, there will be a lucky winner of a FREE one-month subscription to the awesome tutorials on the site.  I had a lot of fun with this month's sketch:
My niece is getting married later this month, so I've had wedding stuff on my mind, which is why I chose to create something following that theme.  Of course, I'll need to make a different card for my niece since I'm posting this one on my blog.  ;-)
In keeping with the sketch, my oval layer was supposed to be on top of the vellum, but I couldn't bear to cover up one of its pretty silver hearts.  Since I used two strips of Stampin' Up!'s Silver Foil Designer Vellum, I slipped the Very Vanilla oval between the two pieces, which served to secure the vellum to the card.  The pretty Crochet Trim also helps to hold the vellum in place, and I dotted the back of a couple of the silver hearts on the vellum with glue to keep them together, mindful that the center needed to remain open so I could slip the stamped Very Vanilla oval between the two pieces of vellum.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Stamp Set:  Love & Laughter
Ink:  Soft Suede
Sizzix:  Ovals Collection Framelits, Adorning Accents (hearts) embossing folder
Punch:  Small Heart
Accessories:  Crochet trim, Vintage Trinkets, Silver Glimmer paper, Silver Foil Designer Vellum

So, are you ready to accept the challenge?  It's really easy . . . just follow the sketch to create a card, post it to your blog, and then link to it HERE.

Be sure to visit my blog on Tuesday when I show a photo of the project that I designed for Craft Project Central this month.  I'm really excited about it!  Also, I'll have a FREE one-month subscription to give away this month, and all details will be in my post on Tuesday, April 8th.



5 comments:

Angie said...

What a gorgeous card - love the colour combo you have used! x

Nancy Dawson said...

Great Card! TFS

Yapha said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the vellum and the lace. Such a perfect wedding card!

Judi Sparks said...

Love the little dress card Perfect for a special lady!

Unknown said...

I love the effect of the vellum over the bottom of the stamped image. Think I may have to acquire some. Thanks for sharing!