Monday, July 14, 2014

TAP, TAP, TAP FOR "MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

It makes me feel older than I think it should that I can remember pecking away on a manual typewriter.  I can still remember the day when I was having to choose two electives for the coming school year, and there just didn't seem to be any good choices--nothing interested me.  I was dramatically mortified (interesting choice of words . . . read on) when my mother wrote "Typing I" on the form, and she wrote it in ink.  Argh!!!!!  When I first walked into the classroom, it was noticeable that the manual typewriters were on one side of the room, and the preferred electrics on the other side.  It didn't really matter which machine was on the desk in front of me because we would be switching desks during the year so that each student had their fair share of opportunity using both manual and electric typewriters.  The teacher for the class (the principal's wife) was an intimidating soul in that she didn't smile too often and could purse her lips . . . well, they stayed pursed a lot.  She talked through pursed lips, she frowned through pursed lips, and she even smiled through them on rare occasions.  Quite often, the class would be subjected to timed typing, and guess who many, many, many times came in first--on electric OR manual machines?  That's right.  Me.  For two years (yes, I took the second typing class and Office Occupations), I could count on at least one A to show up on report cards.  It turned out that my mother's choice was a perfect fit for me, one that I had not yet discovered and one that marked the path for my future.  Not that secretarial and administrative careers are the stuff that big dreams are made of, but learning to type definitely kept me from a job that involved running an industrial machine or perhaps becoming a Funeral Director (yes, that was a serious contender).  So . . . when I turned a page in Stampin' Up!'s current catalog and saw the Tap Tap Tap stamp set, I thought that it would be a fun one for me.  Today's MISM project features this fun set, along with a couple of images (chevron and splotchy square) from the really fun Work of Art set.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include a heart-shaped sequin, linen thread, and Hello Honey card stock and ink.  Have a happy day and a happy week!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I really like this card! I do like line drawings with a "wash" of color through them. I am definitely purchasing the Work of Art set, as I have seen dozens of samples using this set.