Monday, February 16, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project is a Hershey's nugget holder made from Smoky Slate card stock.  It features a background image from Stampin' Up!'s Layers of Gratitude stamp set (February My Paper Pumpkin kit), Sweet Laughter stamp set, Ornate Tag Topper punch, and Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blendabilities markers to color the stamped image.  Additional Stampin' Up! products featured on this project include Pink Pirouette and Whisper White card stock, satin ribbon, Project Life Corner Rounder punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Stampin' Trimmer, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Smoky Slate and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I haven't completed the My Paper Pumpkin projects this month, but I am LOVING the stamp set--especially this diamond-patterned background image.  It reminds me of the Eye-Catching Ikat photopolymer stamp set that I have really enjoyed.  The stamp set doesn't look very exciting, but so many patterns and backgrounds can be created with it!

Instructions for making this project:  Score 2-1/4" x 8-1/4" Smoky Slate card stock at 3-3/8" and 4-7/8".  Round the four corners, adhere the candy to the center scored section, and fold up the long ends.  Thread one end of the ribbon through the hole on the punched tag, and then adhere the stamped layers (over the ribbon) using Stampin' Dimensionals.  Wrap the ribbon around the treat holder, and tie the ends in a knot.  Note:  It helps to use a clothespin to hold the top together while you wrap the ribbon around the treat holder.  To open the holder, the recipient just needs to slip the tag and ribbon over the top.

Have you tried the My Paper Pumpkin kits lately?  Stampin' Up! has REALLY stepped up the monthly project kits, and I can honestly say that I look forward to receiving them each month!  Did you know that you can earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration product when you purchase a 3-month prepaid My Paper Pumpkin subscription?  Yes, you can!

No comments: