Sunday, January 29, 2017

MY WOOLY WEEKEND

Whenever my mother talks to my great-nephew about his day, he always begins by saying, "Well, I got up", and I'll begin this post by saying that I got up early yesterday morning (really early for me) so that I could meet my parents and sister in Statesville, NC to attend the Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza.  I was quite excited to go and to spend time with my family, but I had only allowed myself four hours of sleep.  When I stepped out of the shower at 2:00 a.m., I seriously considered just staying up until 7:00 a.m. but knew that wasn't really a good idea.  This was my second time attending this particular quilt show, and I knew there would be vendors there with wool and flannel and, of course, fabric.  I haven't dabbled much with fabric, but I'm always drawn to the beautiful colors and patterns.  It's sort of like designer paper for me, and I have started a small collection of it.  When we walked through the double doors, Auntie Ju's was staring us in the face.  Ahhhhhh.  And so I spent a considerable amount of time in their booth . . . and $$$.  There were other vendors of particular interest to me, one of which was the Dragonfly Quilt Shop. They have such a nice selection of flannel (and wool, patterns, etc.), so I felt compelled to lay down some $$$ there.  When I got home, I laid out the wool and flannel haul, and this is what it looked like:


Being around so much crafty goodness yesterday inspired me to pick up a needle last night and complete a project that I had started the night before.  The design is Buttermilk Basin's Live Each Season, which is the name of their free Block of the Month this year, and this is what the January pattern looks like:


Yesterday was such a fun day!  Daddy didn't attend the show, but he didn't seem to mind driving us there or waiting while we shopped. 

No comments: