Sunday, January 8, 2017

SHAPED CARDS USING CRICUT "FLOWER MARKET" CARTRIDGE

It hasn't been too long ago that I ordered the Flower Market Cricut cartridge, but I worked with it for the first time a couple of nights ago.  It seems like forever since I have designed a shaped card, and I was really wanting to make one.  How fun that I got on a roll and made two!  Shaped cards are what made me fall in love with Cricut machines and cartridges, and I designed quite a few of them with the Gypsy back in the day.  Anyone remember that fun little design gadget???  Oh, how I loved my Gypsy . . . until I lost all of my design files when the machine had to be reset.  :-(  Anyway . . . the other night I ended up designing two shaped cards, and this is what my design mat on Cricut Design Space looked like:


You'll notice that I welded two jar images to form the shaped card, and I used the hide contour feature to remove the opening at the top of the jar that would be the inside and back of the card.  To create a white layer (shown as the pink jar on the mat) for the inside of the card, I adjusted the size of another jar image.  I really, really love the way this card turned out!!!!



I used a sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s Bunch of Blossoms stamp set for both of my cards, and a very subtle cheesecloth image (from Ghoulish Grunge stamp set) was stamped on the front of the card and the inside white layer using Soft Sky ink.  Cardstock colors are Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky, Whisper White, and Always Artichoke.




The cheesecloth image wasn't stamped at the top of the white layer so it would mimic water (a vase) for the flowers.  I really, really love this card!







My second card was designed so that the message could be pulled from the top (by the flowers).  What I didn't account for in the design was the fact that the top of this layer (the back of the flowers) would show from the back of the card.  It might be a good idea to cut another set of the detail layers to adhere to the back so it will be pretty, too.  Stampin' Up!'s Hardwood stamp was used to decorate the front of the card, and the sentiment was adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.



I enjoyed my little Cricut groove and hope it won't be too long before I try designing some more shaped cards.  They're so much fun and a fantastic way for me to use the images on all of those cartridges that I've been accumulating.  ;-)

No comments: