Tuesday, June 12, 2018

MERMAID SHAKER CARDS

When you need a card that is sure to deliver a bit of cheer, what do you make?  A shaker card, of course!  Last week, I needed two of them, and it was mermaid to the rescue.


Each time I make a shaker card, I realize that I don't exactly remember how it goes.  LOL!  Unfortunately, the card on the right was a bit crooked--but not by much--and it was my learning curve.  I was reminded (after making the first card) that the layer with the shaker pieces needs to be slightly smaller than the front layer and, once those two are adhered together, THEN it's much easier to see what you're doing to attach them to the front of the card.  In other words . . . the shaker pieces shouldn't be part of what looks like the actual card front.   I'm going to try to remember this going forward, even though I always seem to forget.

Stampin' Up!'s Magical Mermaid stamp set wasn't on my radar the first few times I looked at the catalog, but then it kept calling my eye.  I don't have any little girls, so why would a mermaid keep waving at me?  Well . . . mermaids aren't just for little girls, and this set has some great images!  I made one of the cards for an 8th grader, and the other one was made for my aunt Betty, who is 90 y/o.  I'll bet they both enjoyed their shaker card!

2 comments:

Stasher said...

I love shaker cards, although I don't make them very often. These are cute and I've seen a lot of amazing cards using that stamp set. Nice job!

Nancy Dawson said...

Lovely as usual. I have issues with them too.