Saturday, June 23, 2018

SYMPATHY CARDS THAT GIVE A NOD TO "RAINBOW BRIDGE"

Just a couple of days apart, I found myself needing two sympathy cards for friends who had each lost one of their furry family members.  At first, I was at a loss as to what kind of cards to make, but then "rainbow" came to mind.  I love this design so much!  As I was making the two cards, I couldn't help but think of many of my own pets that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  People who don't have pets might have a hard time understanding how we can refer to them as "family members" and not just a cat or just a dog.  I actually think the best way to treat a family pet is like a member of the family; otherwise, a loving relationship and mutual desire to take care of and please one another might not exist.  There is no denying that our Ramsour (Border Collie) has studied our habits, movements, etc. long enough to know when to give us "that" stare that lets us know he wants to play, needs to go out, is begging for a treat, etc.  And since I know that our furry family members bring so much love and warmth to our home and heart, I felt the need to send a rainbow sympathy card to each of my friends.  This is definitely a design that I will use again!



The top and bottom right corners were rounded on this card.  The right edge of the  brushstrokes are flush because the watercolor paper was taped to my table to keep the edges from curling, and the strokes went past the tape.
The "sorry" sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink onto the paper, and then heat-embossed with black embossing powder.

Got a furry family member?  Give him/her an extra few minutes of your time today!  They're one of many things to you, but you are EVERYTHING to them.  ;-)

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Love it. Gotta be a CASE and again thank you for sharing your talent.

Stasher said...

These are very nice cards and a great concept. I need to make a few to have on hand.