Friday, April 12, 2019

CABINET FACELIFT

Yesterday, I turned my craft room upside-down, inside-out.  A new TV came in, and I decided I wanted it on a different wall.  That, of course, meant moving furniture.  In my craft room, the "furniture" mainly consists of storage cubes, bookshelves, cabinets, etc.  You know they're all FULL, so it's a job to flip the room.  It's still quite chaotic in here but, as I looked at the tall pantry-style cabinet (which is now across the room), it looked much more plain (and ugly).  And so I decided to add a subtle decoration to the doors.


I think I'm off to a pretty good start, don't you?  Two things that I've learned already:
(1)  Starting at the bottom was an excellent idea!
(2)  I definitely need to rotate the image transfer so it won't appear that I'm trying to line up/match any portion of the design.
(3)  It would be kind of nice if that right door didn't hang a bit lower than the left.


I don't believe I've ever attempted to do a furniture facelift, and I can't promise that this one won't end up being a disaster.  So far, I'm excited about this project and am sooooooo anxious to be finished.  I can't hurry it along, though.  I'm using Chalk Couture's Modern Floral transfer and Fawn Couture Ink and, after two uses of the transfer, I'll be washing it and waiting for it to dry.  I guess that will give me time to work on getting my room back in order--and saying goodbye to many items that have been taking up valuable real estate in this room.  Wish me luck!!!


1 comment:

Stasher said...

Looks good, been ages since I've been to your studio! I akwaal get good organizational ideas from you! When you're finished, I'll have to find a reason to visit!