Monday, April 15, 2019

TRIANGLE POP-UP CARD FOR DADDY'S BIRTHDAY

Just a quick post today--one that I meant to share last week on daddy's birthday.  

It's always a bit of a challenge to make a masculine card, but the Triangle Pop-Up isn't one that can be sent to just anyone because they might pull it out of the envelope, flip it all around, and not know what to do with it.  My friend, Laura, sent me one of these cards recently--beautifully decorated for Easter--and she was also sweet enough to tell me how to make it.  I must admit that when I removed it from the envelope, I kind of scratched my head because I had no idea how to display it.  She included a photo, though, and that made all the difference.  Actually, I was able to figure out how the card displayed but, until I studied her photo, I hadn't realized that the center had it's own kickstand (of sorts).  I was anxious to make one of these cards, and that's how daddy got lucky enough to get one for his birthday . . . with a photo of how to display it.  Ha!


Isn't it a fun card design?  You might be surprised to learn that this cardgolds nearly flat for mailing. My mother sent a text message on daddy's birthday showing a picture of him with his card--and it was perfectly prepped for display!  

No comments: