Saturday, May 25, 2019

"SPRINGTIME STROLL" FLIP-FLAP THANK YOU CARD

My mother does so many nice things for me, and I recently wanted to send a thank you card to her.  I didn't want it to be just another card that opens like any other card.  Nooooooooo.  I wanted the card to be something interesting and (maybe) a little fun.  I also wanted to use Stampin' Up!'s soon-to-be-retired Springtime Stroll (hostess) stamp set.  I loved this set the first time I saw it and have had it for quite a while, but I don't believe I had ever used it.  That was about to change.  This being strawberry season and all, what better time to start coloring berries?  The other thing that I will say about this card is that the interior flip-flaps are just too fun and provided the perfect palette to showcase some of the cute images in the stamp set.  Pictures are more fun than words, so here you go:




Of course, there had to be a coordinating envelope:


While I was having fun with the stamps and flip-flap card, I decided to make a Mother's Day version for my friend, Laura.  The front of the card was like my mother's but, this time--as you will see, I lined the interior with designer paper and did some stamping on the inside of the flip-flap panels.



Although my cards were smaller than the usual A2, a flip-flap card could most certainly be whatever size you want.  Just like my love for square cards, I sometimes get a wild hair and want to make a sweet little morsel that's just a wee bit miniature.  😜



1 comment: