Friday, May 31, 2019

CABINET + CHALK COUTURE = PRETTY FACELIFT!!!

Not stamping related, but I wanted to share a photo of my pantry-style cabinet that got a facelift about two months ago.  When I moved the cabinet across the room, its plain white doors screamed for something visually appealing.  I must admit that I was a bit intimidated to begin the project, but I was also excited for a subtle change.  The first photo shows the beginning of the process, and the finished project is shown in the second photo.




To decorate the cabinet doors, I used Chalk Couture's Modern Floral Chalk Transfer and Fawn Couture Ink.  I could easily have used Chalkology Paste for this project, but I thought the ink would be easier and quicker since it's much more fluid than paste.  While the ink was, indeed, a dream to use, the drying time took 3 to 4 days.  This really slowed the process, even though I started at the bottom of the cabinet and then moved to the top.  Getting the mid section completed and then doing a couple of touch-ups is what took longer since I was waiting for ink to dry.  All in all, that process took a little more than a week.  I've been looking at the cabinet every day for at least a month, and I still love it!  ANY of Chalk Couture's transfers could be used to give so many surfaces a facelift!  If you would like to see all of the awesome Chalk Couture products, please visit my website HERE.

No comments: