Saturday, July 6, 2019

"HERE COMES THE SUN" . . . JULY CLUB COUTURE PROJECT

Want to see one of the best pieces of mail that I received this week?


It's the July Club Couture transfer ("Here Comes the Sun").  I always look forward to seeing what the club transfer will be, and I was anxious to start working with this one.  Chalk Couture Designers receive the club transfer free as part of the web site fee that we pay monthly, but we don't receive the Chalk Paste Singles--just the transfer.  I ❤ this one!  When I saw that big sun and waves image, I immediately thought that the sun would be perfect for the ombre technique.  What is the ombre technique?  I'm glad you asked!  Very simply, you place one color on the top portion of an image and a second color at the bottom portion, and then use your finger to blend the two colors together before the paste dries.  The Chalk Paste colors that I used for my sun are Lemon and Couture Coral.

Another fun and easy technique that I used on this project was to add glitter to the word "SUN".  It is so sparkly in person, and I was glad that I thought to add glitter before the paste dried.  The process is simple . . . sprinkle the glitter onto wet Chalk Paste and then, once the paste has dried, just use a brush (or Dust-Off) to remove the excess.


It probably wasn't even necessary to share the above close-up photo since the glittery sparkle is hard to capture.  Ha!  

Chalk Couture products featured on my project include:
July Club Couture Chalk Transfer ("Here Comes the Sun")
Chalkology Paste (Lemon, White, Caribbean, Couture Coral)

Have you heard of Chalk Couture's Club Couture?  It's a monthly subscription kit that includes a Chalk Transfer (exclusive to Club Couture) and three Chalk Paste Singles.  The kit, which includes step-by-step project instructions, ships for FREE!!!  Following is the promotional project created by Chalk Couture featuring the July transfer and paste colors on the 5.5" x 7.5" Box Frame.


Have questions about Chalk Couture products?  Let me know!

No comments: