Friday, July 12, 2019

POP-UP CRIB FOR BABY

My mother recently requested a card to send to one of her friends who became a grandmother.  I don't personally know the magnitude of how special that is, but I do know that it's a hugely happy time.  And when you're a card-maker and your mother requests a card, you do it up in style.  Since the card was for a special friend, I wanted to make something extra special.  And so . . . this pop-up crib card was born.


I had so much fun making this card and adding special little details!  As a card-maker, I like to assume that most people won't throw my cards away--or at least not right away.  Stop it!  I can hear some of you laughing at me for being so naïve.  The front of the card included some keepsake-worthy details, such as the baby's full name, circled date of birth, and (albeit tiny) time of birth.


The WOW happens when the card is opened . . . 


The little crib pops up, and it is "filled" with a diaper pin and two ducks in coordinating colors.  At the back of the crib, there's a coordinating patterned vellum pocket (see the "Congratulations" layer?) where a note can be written.  This is also where the card was to be signed.  By the way, figuring out where to provide space for a written message took the most ridiculous amount of time.  Ha!


How cute is this chest of drawers, complete with a onesie, blanket hanging out of the bottom drawer, and an empty hanger?  You may have noticed that a die-cut toy got squished between the "wall" and the crib . . . [laughing at myself] . . . I should have known better than to glue the toy at the corner where the crib would be anchored! Sometimes when you're building and creating as you go, you just don't predict what could be coming next.  I tried to remove the toy, but it was stuck really well.  At the other end of the crib, I used the pretty space to include a punched glittery heart and more birth details.

I know I probably come across as really proud of this card, and I am!  Of course, it took longer to make than most cards, but that makes it more special to give.  What do you think?  Do you love it?

3 comments:

Stasher said...

I LOVE this card. The color scheme is a little different, and the details are great! I especially like the calendar detail with the date circled. Beautiful keepsake!

Nancy Dawson said...

Regina you have outdone yourself... Great card and beautiful.

tammejean said...

Such a cute card