Thursday, July 4, 2019

PATRIOTIC "WIPER" CARD

Lately, I have been a wee bit obsessed with the making of "Wiper" cards.  I made 10 of the design that I'm sharing today.  Ten!!!  And they took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to complete.  My friend, Laura, sent me a patriotic Wiper card a week or so ago, and I just loved it.  She didn't have any red and white striped paper, so she had created her own stripes by adhering 1/2" strips of Real Red cardstock to the Whisper White layer.  I knew when I started designing my patriotic card, it was going to have those same stripes!



What took forever to make this card was basically the preparation of all the bits, pieces, and layers . . . small stars, large stars, sentiment stamped and punched, flag stamped and layered, etc.  After getting everything prepped, they all needed to be adhered--which was the easy part.

It's hard to tell, but I used a shimmery gold cardstock for the punched stars and the little punched heart in the blue field on the flag layer.  The cards looked so nice in person--the photos really don't do justice to the sharp and vivid colors.  

I never send cards or anything that I've made unless I like it, and I get excited about sending something that I really love.  In this case, I LOVED my patriotic cards!

Stampin' Up! products featured on this project include:
Stamp Sets:  Thoughtful Banners, Tabs for Everything, God Bless America 
Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink:  Real Red and Night of Navy (ink pads and markers)
Punches:  Classic Label, Small Heart, Small Star, Large Star

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

WOW your card is fantastic.