Sunday, June 30, 2019

"KITCHEN CONVERSIONS" CHALKBOARD GIFT

Remember around Mother's Day when I wrote that my sister had a wonderful new kitchen?  

Well . . . after seeing it and surveying what size and kind of gift I could make, this is what I came up with:


A real chalkboard with helpful and handy measurement conversions!  I really, really liked this project and was quite proud of it.  While I was working on it, I wasn't quite sure how to put the "Kitchen Measurement Conversions" text because it was just a bit wider than the available space.  I tried turning the text and really didn't care for that and, fortunately, it was easy to just wash off.  After a few minutes of deep thought, it occurred to me that I could just leave off the fancy loop on the "M" (Measurement), and everything would work out perfectly.  That, of course, left some great space above and below, which I filled with a red rooster and knife/fork/spoon.


The rooster is from the retired "Farm House" Chalk Transfer, and the knife, fork, and spoon are from the "Bon Appetit" Chalk Transfer.  My Chalkology Paste colors are Candy Apple Red and Bright White.  I also used Shimmer Silver Chalkology Ink to transfer the knife, fork, and spoon images.  It added a beautiful shimmer that the camera just didn't pick up, and it was the perfect choice for the silverware.


When all was said and done, I used my Big Bite Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole at the top left and right of the chalkboard, which enabled me to attach the Burlap Ribbon handle.

To learn more about Chalk Couture and see more projects, visit my Facebook Page!

No comments: