Wednesday, June 12, 2019

THANK YOU . . . ON A CORK TAG

Cardstock is a wonderful thing for card-making, but do you know what's fun?  Making a sentiment tag using cork!  


Ever since I added cork sentiments to my Mother's Day gift tags (see this blog post), I have never put the sheet of cork back where I found it.  I can't remember what I was looking for when I initially discovered (or re-discovered) that I owned a small supply of cork sheets, but using it on my projects just gives an unexpected tactile surprise.  And it's easy-peasy-dreamy to stamp on!  I even tried to die-cut it with a thin die, and it cut beautifully.


I was a little late getting the Just Because hostess stamp set in Stampin' Up!'s recently retired Occasions catalog, so I was anxious to put it to use as soon as it arrived.  I love that the three images in the set have a simple design and are quick and easy to color.   

And so . . . there you have it . . . my relatively simple card with a fun cork tag!



1 comment:

Stasher said...

Makes for a nice surprise element!