Thursday, July 22, 2010

BEE HAPPY

I bought a new Cricut cartridge ("Live Simply"), and this is my first completed project using images from the cartridge, which is one of the "Lite" series exclusive to Walmart stores.  Even though these cartridges don't have a lot of creative features, they are super easy to use and "smartly" designed for layering.  Since I cut the images a bit large for my card (duh!), I had to use my noggin to decide how to place them on the card without totally covering either of them; hence, the overall card design with the punched semi-circle and a front that's more narrow than the back by approximately 1".  Inside the card, the ladybug is resting on a leaf.  Soooo cute!  I will write a little note to my grandmother and then drop this card in the mailbox.  I hope she likes it!

No comments: