Saturday, July 24, 2010

VINTAGE NEWSPRINT CARD

I've had a lot on my mind lately and haven't been able to challenge myself to create any "over the top" or time-consuming projects, so this is yet another "easy" card.  I like that it doesn't have a quickly-thrown-together look, though.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, and Pink Pirouette card stock on this card, as well as "Newsprint" designer paper, which I distressed and sponged with ink.  I began by using the Scallop Oval Frame die, which cuts two pieces--the scallop oval and the solid oval center, which I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  Both pieces, as well as the card and designer paper, were sponged with Early Espresso ink.  The Little Leaves die cut and rosebud were ready to pick up and use, and then I tied that luscious Pretty in Pink satin ribbon around the front to complete the card.  To make the rosebud, I spiral-cut (with scissors) a 2-3/8" punched scallop circle and then wrapped the cut layers around a bamboo skewer.  The last step was to sponge ink onto the edges of the rosebud.  I dropped (literally) a flat-back pearl into the center of flower.  My intention was to put some Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive in the center of the flower to hold the pearl, but the pearl got lodged inside the flower pretty good. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well Done my Stampin' Sista! Gorgeous!