Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SHABBY CHIC SYMPATHY CREATION

Today I needed a sympathy card for a family member whose 42-y/o husband passed away unexpectedly on Saturday.  Although I always tell myself that I should keep sympathy cards on hand, I'm beginning to realize something about myself . . . I don't want to dig in a box to find a card that I made for a sad time in someone's life.  Nope!  I want to sit down and create something especially for that someone special who is grieving.  It seems like the very least that I can do, and I just feel a great sense of "giving" (of myself) when I'm done.  For this card, I used a brand new Stampin' Up! stamp set ("Just Believe") that I haven't used before, and this card was actually a quickie!  I love the layers, the subtle stamped images, the two ribbons, and the card's overall shabby style.  I'm so glad that I got this set!  It has some very pretty images in it, and I love the "Some things have to be believed to be seen" sentiment, even though I didn't use it for this card.  The Stampin' Up! colors that I used are Marina Mist, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.  The sympathy sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes."

2 comments:

Dawn Dickinson said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing. This set is on my wish list for sure.

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Love it, love it, love it!! What a great idea to put the flower punches on that solid colored stamp. Great job!! I love this set and am so glad I bought it!!
Smiles, Laura