Saturday, April 23, 2011

EASTER GIFT BAGS

At Kohl's the other day, I walked past some Easter/Spring dish towels that screamed "BUY ME!"  So I did.  As a matter of fact, I bought one for each of the ladies in my family.  We don't necessarily exchange gifts for every holiday, but I like to have a little treat for them now and then because . . . well . . . they mean the world to me!  Yesterday I was wondering what kind of packaging I wanted for the towels, and it occurred to me to make my own gift bags.  For each bag, I used a 12x12 piece of card stock scored at 2-3/4" on two sides, rotated, and scored at 5" along two sides.  I then cut 1" off of each side that was scored at 2-3/4".  This wasn't necessary, but I wanted a wider flap on the sides of the bags, plus the 1" strips were used for the handles which were attached with brads.  For the tags, I used Stampin' Up!'s "Easter Blossoms" stamp set.

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

These are DARLING, Regina. What a great idea. I know the ladies will love the bag and the towell. And thanks for the instructions. I want to make one myself!! Smiles, Laura