Friday, April 8, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" & THREE-COLOR EMBOSSING

In her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie showed her Gilded Paper technique which she applied a two-color embossing technique to complete.  If you didn't see her project, be sure to hop over to her blog for a peek.  Her mission for me this week was to use two colors of embossing on light-colored card stock.  I used three, and I wish the photo showed how sparkly the silver embossing powder really is.  To begin my project, I rubbed Stampin' Up!'s Embossing Buddy over the card stock, stamped the floral image with VersaMark, applied an eggplant-colored embossing powder, and heat set it.  I then stamped the butterfly image with VersaMark, applied a red embossing powder, and heat set it.  For the third color of embossing, I stamped the flourish motif image with VersaMark, sprinkled it with a glittery silver embossing powder, and heat set it.  Prior to stamping the different images with VersaMark, I rubbed the Embossing Buddy over the card stock to avoid unwanted specks of embossing.  Stampin' Up! products used to complete this project include Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, and Real Red card stock, ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Decorative Label, Wide Oval, Scallop Trim Border, and Scallop Oval punches, and the "Bliss" stamp set.  This was a really easy project--the hardest part was deciding where I wanted to stamp the images.  Thank you, Julie, for this week's mission!  I enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card. Great colors. Keep up the missions.

Betty H