Friday, April 13, 2012

"BRIGHT BLOSSOMS" HYBRID CARD

One of my favorite new digital downloads from Stampin' Up! is the "Fantabulous You" stamp brush set because it has some really great sentiments that venture from the norm.  I think the person who receives this card will feel "crazy awesome"--moreso than if I stamped "thinking of you" or a simple "hello".  So let me give you a few details about this hybrid card.  Using My Digital Studio, I opened 
an 8.5" x 11" individual page.  (Pictured to the right is the set-up of the digital design in My Digital Studio)  I selected two Labels Collection 1 shapes, which are the same as the Framelits dies.  I filled the larger shape with a paper design from the "Summer Smooches" collection, and the smaller shape was filled with white.  I adjusted the opacity so that it would mimic a shaped vellum overlay.  The flower and leaves images that I added are from the "Bright Blossoms" stamp brush set, which is also part of the "Summer Smooches" collection.  After printing the design, I used a marker to color the word "crazy" in the punched sentiment, and I used one of the Framelits dies to die-cut the printed design and a larger die to cut the Island Indigo frame, which was embossed with the Snow Burst embossing folder.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include the Pinking Hearts border punch, taffeta ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Boho Blossoms punch, Circle punches, and Baker's twine.

No comments: