Friday, June 1, 2012

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" SHAPED CARD

Last week, Julie used a brand new technique from SCS to make a shaped card and challenged me to do the same.  She even said that I could make a square card, and who would have thought that my creation wouldn't be square?  At the time that I worked on this card, the "Soft Blooms" digital download for My Digital Studio was new, and I wanted to work with it and also had an idea to make a shaped card, so it seemed perfect to make this my Freestyle Fridays project.  The focal point was designed with My Digital Studio and printed from my home printer and then die-cut with one of Stampin' Up!'s new Apothecary Accents Framelits dies.  I cut that same shape twice more from Wisteria Wonder card stock and cut it accordingly to fit as a mat for the floral focal point.  For the shaped card, I used another new Stampin' Up! die--the Sizzix Oval Accent clear die--to cut a Very Vanilla card and, at the same time, I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder designer paper to cover the front of the card (this also served to cover the "hinge" of the card).  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include:  Bitty Banners Framelits die for the sentiment banners, which were stamped with two of the "Fabulous Phrases" stamps and adhered to the card with a designer brad.  One of the other dies from the Apothecary Accents Framelits was used to cut the Very Vanilla shaped layer behind the floral focal point, and I used pearl jewels to adorn this pretty cut.  The only other Stampin' Up! product featured on this card is the crochet trim.  Stampin' Up!'s brand new catalog goes into effect today and, as you can see from this card, there are some really awesome dies available!  Be sure to click on the photo of the card to open a larger picture so you can really see the pretty details of the new dies!  Don't forget that you can always order Stampin' Up! products from my web site!

2 comments:

Ariel said...

WOW! Regina, this is STUNNING! I love everything about this card--I can't even pick one thing. So true to your style, too.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! This is gorgeous and ingenious!! Never thought to use MDS like this!! I will be featuring this MDS card on My Crafty Picks #66 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com