Wednesday, October 17, 2012

TWISTED "PERFECTLY PRESERVED" CARD

I've mentioned my great-aunt Betty before and how special she is to me.  I try to send cards to her on a regular basis, and I've been told that she keeps every single one of them in a box in the closet of her room at the Assisted Living facility.  Her son has a friend who has liked many of the cards I've sent, and Betty mentioned to my mother yesterday that she wanted to send a card to her and asked if I would make one.  This was my first twisted card (it gets its name from the way it's made), and I was really pleased with it!  I delivered it to Betty today, and she seemed really pleased, too.  I love that this card has two pockets (one on the front and one on the inside) because it is perfect for sending gift cards, cash, photos, or a host of other items that will fit in the pockets.  I used MDS2 and "Pinwheels on Parade" for the sentiment, and the other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include "Perfectly Preserved" stamp set, Cannery Framelits dies, "Autumn Accents" die, "Comfort Cafe" designer paper, rhinestone jewels, linen thread, Very Vanilla and Cajun Craze card stock, Eyelet Border punch, and three different embossing folders--Square Lattice, Lacy Brocade, and Fancy Fan.  For the inside pocket, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock for Betty to write a message.  I don't know about you, but I love cards that stray from the norm as it relates to size and shape, and they're even more loveable when at least one element hangs over an edge.  When Betty saw this card, she said, "I don't believe I even have one like this!"  I will definitely make more of these cards and will have to be sure to send one of them to her.


1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Regina, this is one of your prettiest cards so far! I saw this fold on Splitcoast and just haven't had time to try it. You did a great job. Love the colors. This is my next layout to try!!
Smiles, Laura